I JUST BOUGHT A LAPTOP.
"You pay the difference over a thousand dollars,' says my dad to me this morning, apropos of nothing. I look at him as if he has tentacles on his head. "That's the bad news," he says. "The good news is, you a thousand dollars to spend on the system of your choice."
"System?" I ask, and am, yes, most suspicious.
And, yeah, there was much flailing and giddy little squeaks and general happiness, and then I remembered about PLC being officially NOT DEAD YET HOORAY and it just got worse.
So~. I'm pleased.
I'm also soaking wet and freezing, but that's another matter entirely.
Music meme while I am dinking around waiting for things.
1. What are you listening to right now?
DOREMIdan - Toki no ... something. All this is music stuff is happening on the Fp's computer. :D
2. What song makes you sad?
RENT - I'll Cover You (Reprise) ;_;
3. What is the most annoying song in the world?
HAH. There are so many of them.
4. Your all time favorite band?
Psycho le Cému (FLAIL-AIL-AIL!!!)
5. Your newly discovered band is?
I think technically I'm still riding the wave of Husking Bee and Tropical Gorilla. Although I have decided that I really like Oasis.
6. Best female voice?
:x Can't say anything about best ... um ... Shiina Ringo is probably my favourite right now, or maybe Nakashima Yumi.
7. Best male voice?
Uh. Thhhhh ... uh. That's a very good question. *jabs blindly at media list* Atsushi! Righto. :D
8. Music type you find yourself listening to most?
Rock? Uh. Hard rock/alternative/metal/techno-metal/tech
9. What do you listen to, to hype you up?
I have a mix. It's got Psycho le Cému (surprise!), Transtic Nerve, some, um, Janne Da Arc ... "Red and Black" from Les Mis, Diru's "Umbrella", the Yukihiro version of Ready Steady Go....
10. What do you listen to when you want to calm down?
When I'm angry? Invariably Withering to death. When I'm anxious? Meditation tracks, actually. When I am zen and want to stay that way? Tsukiko Amano, um, La'Mule, occasionally (shameful as it is) Gackt.
11. Last gig/concert you went to?
Strange as it is, what with living in such a bustling metropolis, I don't even remember.
12. Band you find yourself listening to the most right now?
(Ah, Audioscrobbler, you are failing me.) If I had to guess, it would be Oasis, but ... eh. I've been in a media sorting stage for, like, three weeks, so I really don't know.
13. Most hated band?
(Come ON, brain, surely there is something you hate with the firey passions of 10,000 suns....) The Trax?
14. Song that makes you think?
*sigh* There should totally be an answer to this question. 9_9;
15. Band that you think the world should love as much as you do?
PSYCHO LE CÉMU Most of them. :x
16 a). Coolest music video?
:x I think nil has pretty neat PVs in general.
16 b) Fugliest music video?
Oh. God. Name your early indie VK band of choice.
17. Music video with the most babe watch?
I ... uh ... sorry, what century is this?
18. What do you play/would you play in the bedroom to spice things up?
19. Can you play a musical instrument?
There have been allegations of guitar, but it's also been sitting in a closet 6,000 miles away for the better part of a year.
20. Ever been in a mosh pit?
21. Are you in a band?
23. Ever dated a musician?
28. Do you wish yourself that you were a musician?
29. Best chick band you know of?
I hate the idea of chick bands. DUDE. Why do bands with girls have to be this SOOPER SPECIAL ALTERNATE BREED? Bugs me.
31. Last song that you heard on the radio/cd...etc...?
(Don't laugh.) Backstreet Boys - Quit Playing Games with My Heart (stop laughing.) (You know why it was the last song? Because I turned it off. Last weekend.)
32. What do you think of Classical music?
33. What do you think of Country music?
I like Jcountry.... :D Okay, so country music is in my blood, and I like the Dixie Chicks, and think O-Brother-Where-Art-Thou-style bluegrass is neat, and inherited about a zillion and four old country records from my granddad. Toby Keith, however, can shove his boot up his own fucking ass. Jackass. D:
34. What do you think of Death metal?
Backslash-em-slash. To an extent.
35. Last BIG band that you saw live?
Ten Dollar Mic. They're a big band, even if they do border on ska.... XD
36. Are you a groupie?
Not so much.
37. Do you listen to music in foreign languages?
Slightly. Japanese, Korean, Pinoy, Chinese, Finnish, German, Russian, Norwegian, French ... (also Engrish, Flench, and whatever the hell Gackt thinks he's speaking. XD )
38. What famous musician would you like to fuck!?
39. Worst concert moment?
40. Funny concert moment?
*return of shrug*
41. Sad concert moment?
42. Best local act you can think of?
43. If you were a musical instrument what would you be?
44. Do you listen to the radio?
45. Do you watch music TV?
I watch VH1, although ... I don't think either of them are exactly musically-oriented anymore. Musically associated, maybe.
46. Do you follow the music charts, like the top 40?
47. Have you met any famous musicians?
48. Are any of your friends/family/etc. musicians?
Me Da's a cellist. Me mum and brother both have the musical sense of the average fungus.
49. Song that best describes your feelings right now?
I have no feelings. I AM A HUSK. (I dunno.)
50. Song that describes your life?
51. Do you know the names of all the band members that you listen to?
*snort* No. That's not exactly a high priority for me. Just my favourites. Some of my favourites.
52. Does a musician's physical attractiveness play a role in the music that you listen to?
Sort of. Well, no. It plays a roll in the amount of attention I pay the members. But liking the members and liking their talent/music are two totally different things. Also, physical attraction isn't the only qualification for attention. I mean, I don't necessarily find seek to omgsoooohandsome
like Yurasama but he is arguably my favourite. Every other Thursday. (They rotate.)
53. What famous musician do you want to marry?
53. Favourite movie sound track?
Moulin Rouge. Or RENT. Or High Fidelity. Or ... uh. Other things.
55. Any musician pet hates?
Neh. Eh. Most of my peevishness comes from fandom.
56. What do your parents listen to?
My dad's favourites are Pink Floyd, Eric Clapton, Sting/The Police, Jethro Tull, and Bond. My mum likes, uh, old jazz and blues, "world music", oldies, Joe Hisaishi, and, well, I think she likes Kagrra pretty well.
57. What are you listening to right NOW?
Izumi and Nao's duet from the Hisai DVD.
IT IS SO AWESOME.
58. Do you wear band T-shirts?
I have ... one. I wear it as a pyjama shirt.
59. What do you think of people who do?
Whatever. I'd like more. :x
Okay. So it is time to go and cook. Poot.
I JUST BOUGHT A LAPTOP.